ALEX-AMERICAN SYSTEMS, a joint-venture partnership formed through the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) approved Mentor-Protégé program, has been awarded an 8(a) STARS II Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). The 8(a) STARS II GWAC is a multiple award, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract designed to provide cutting-edge Information Technology solutions from award-winning 8(a) small businesses to federal agencies. With a $10 billion program ceiling and a five-year base period with one five-year option, 8(a) STARS II allows for long-term planning of large-scale program requirements while strengthening opportunities for 8(a) small businesses.
ALEX-AMERICAN Contract # GS06F0709Z
ALEX-AMERICAN DUNS # 831685602
Prompt Payment Terms: None
8(a) STARS II Brochure
Period of performance: August 31, 2011 to August 30, 2016, with one five-year option from August 31, 2016 to August 30, 2021.
ALEX-AMERICAN SYSTEMS has been awarded the following four functional areas under both Constellation I and Constellation II. We stand ready to meet your mission requirements.
Custom Computer Programming Services NAICS: 541511
Computer Systems Design Services NAICS: 541512
Computer Facilities Management Services NAICS: 541513
Other Computer Related Services NAICS: 541519
Two constellations based on industry accreditation
8(a) STARS II industry partners are classified in two Constellations. Industry partners in both Constellations have competitive pricing and technical proficiency. Constellation II also includes industry partners with an additional industry credential, such as Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) or ISO 9001 (quality management system). ALEX-AMERICAN SYSTEMS JV was awarded the 8(a) STARS II contract in both constellations.
Program Management Team
Monica Joseph, President and CEO of ALEX, and Managing Director of ALEX-AMERICAN SYSTEMS JV, is the Contract Manager for the 8(a) STARS II Basic Contract. Ms. Joseph will serve as the single point-of-contact and compliance manager for all contracts and orders under 8(a) STARS II. She will harness 21 years of successful leadership experience and management skills to deliver unparalleled Contract Management services to the GSA and its customer agencies.
Corresponding to the contract administration requirements of the Basic Contract, Monica will:
- Counsel and support 8(a) STARS II customers regarding the technical scope of the Basic Contract as well as the overall attributes of the 8(a) STARS II GWAC;
- Develop and deliver required reports per the guidelines of the Basic Contract (for our understanding of reporting requirements see “Reporting” section);
- Provide conflict-free, reliable service related to order performance under the Basic Contract;
- Attend required meetings and conferences as necessary;
- Manage the administrative functions as dictated by the Basic Contract; and
- Provide management oversight of sub-contractors.
Deputy Contract Manager: Mr. Byron Johns
Byron Johns, AMERICAN SYSTEMS Program Manager, and Deputy Director of ALEX-AMERICAN SYSTEMS JV, will act as the Deputy Contract Manager for the STARS II Basic Contract. Mr. Byron Johns brings over 27 years of successful leadership experience and managerial expertise, 13 of which have been directly managing multiple IT programs/projects for various federal agencies.
He will assist the Contract Manager as required and will:
- Assist in daily management oversight of subcontractors;
- Develop and manage the Program Management Plan, and all sub-plans such as Quality Assurance, for the program;
- Ensure compliance on all services/products;
- Direct responses to Requests for Quotes/Proposals from GSA and federal agencies;
- Support the Marketing/Business Development of the 8(a) STARS II Contract vehicle, both internally and externally; and
- Attend Trade Shows, conferences, and meetings as necessary.